Friday, July 16, 2010

The case of the missing teaspoon

Help me, my dear readers, solve a tiny mystery. Why do B&B guests steal teaspoons?

I'm not talking about fancy teaspoons. Nothing silver, nothing monogrammed, just plain old everyday flatware. Teaspoons.

We bought a new set of flatware last week because in our service for 16, we were down to four matching teaspoons. The rest disappeared. I blamed caterers (please forgive me), and I blamed myself sometimes for possibly misplacing them. I occasionally blamed a guest -- and then immediately took that back. I mean, really, why would anyone steal a teaspoon?

But today, after only seven days in use, our new set of flatware is missing a teaspoon. The saddest part? I know which guest pocketed the spoon. What I can't figure out is why.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps the person is expecting a McGuyver experience wherein s/he will need a teaspoon for some bizarre escape.

    ReplyDelete